aston martin service

DB2/4’s Dodgy Bonnet

We’re in the process of reconstructing the Aston Martin DB2/4 bonnet which is showing signs of dubious structural integrity. The team have removed the frame

Read More »

DB9 Ceiling Lining

Kath and Brian have been working on recovering the ceiling lining in Craig’s Aston Martin DB9. Brian begun by undoing the side panels above the

Read More »

DB2/4 Paint Stripped

We’ve pulled in the helpful hands of Kath and Lydia to tackle the paint stripping on our Aston martin DB2/4 Mark I. Normally found in

Read More »

DB2/4 Clean Up

Scott has been cleaning and restoring more parts from the DB2/4, making sure they’re read to be fitted again.

Read More »

New Paint On The DB9

Craig’s DB9 is currently in the paint shop undergoing some paint corrections after the epoxy primer was applied to treat a small amount of corrosion

Read More »

DB2/4 Stripping

Scott has been stripping down the 1955 Aston Martin DB2/4 Mark I in preparation for the rest of its restoration. This is a time consuming

Read More »

Aston Martin Arrival

Craig has recently purchased a new car which we’re sorry to say isn’t our next competition car. This beautiful modern Aston will be Craig’s new

Read More »

DB2/4’s Dodgy Bonnet

We’re in the process of reconstructing the Aston Martin DB2/4 bonnet which is showing signs of dubious structural integrity. The team have removed the frame from the bonnet so that they can fix it. This had to be done by cutting it in half and sliding it out on either side, meaning that when they fit it again, it’ll be welded back in position. The two metals together had caused bio-Metalic corrosion so new parts need to be fabricated.

DB2/4 Interior Progress

Brian has been working to remove the covers from the rear sear rub backs on our Aston Martin DB2/4. He’s taken apart the covers and used them to mark out leather for new covers. He’s then sewn the covers together and glued the original foam back onto the metal seat. Brian has added extra layers of foam over the top of the original foam to pad it out and increase the comfort. He’s then finished by glueing the covers to the bottom edge of the metal backs, leaving the top undone until it is fitted to base section of the rear seat.

DB9 Ceiling Lining

Kath and Brian have been working on recovering the ceiling lining in Craig’s Aston Martin DB9. Brian begun by undoing the side panels above the window and unclipping the headliner panel. He then removed the cover and foam so that he was able to glue the cover back down to the panel, making sure he glues the excess flap to the back. Once the headliner had its new cover, he could fit it back in place with Kath’s help.

Aston’s New Steering Solution

Paul has been working on Craig’s 2005 Aston Martin DB9 which recently showed some severe signs in its power steering. The bushings had been wearing on one side, showing that the power steering mechanism had been sitting unevenly. We are now endeavouring to solve this by replacing the bushings and bearings.

DB2/4 Paint Stripped

We’ve pulled in the helpful hands of Kath and Lydia to tackle the paint stripping on our Aston martin DB2/4 Mark I. Normally found in the trim shop, Kath and Lydia have been showing off their ability to jump between disciplines. Using a rough pads, Lydia and Kath have been scraping off all the paint.

They started by masking up all the open places on the car where chemicals could potentially drip through. They then used blades to scratch the surface to help the nitromors paint stripper work in better. The next step was to apply paint stripper onto the roof of the car which was then covered with plastic while it worked itself into the paint. They did the same on the sides and then scraped the paint off. Once the team got down to the red oxide, they could use thinners to scrub the rest of the paint off the car.

Now that its done, the car is sat in its original bare metal and its ready for the next stage.

DB9 Aston Martin Seats Recovered

Kath has been recovering the seats in Craig’s Aston Martin DB9 which were looking worn and in need of sprucing up. They have now been completed after a few weeks of hard work addressing the worn interior. When we took this project to a recent show, we presented the passenger seat (the only one finished at the time) next to the car, and it was lovingly nicknamed the ‘ejector seat’.

Kath begun by removing the cover slowly. Prior to this, the airbags had been disarmed by Aston Martin. She then unclipped the handle mechanism and removed the airbag. After removing the retainers from the inside of the metal frame, Kath could then remove the squab which was held in place with velcro. She then removed the switches and cable ties, and gently pulled the cover out from around the wire. Once all the components were taken out, Kath could mark up the leather for the new cover.

Kath then began to unpick the leather parts and puts the retainers to one side to use later. For each leather cover, Kath will unpick, draw around the parts and make new pieces based on those patterns. She adds in Velcro and the retainers as she begins to remake all the covers. Working through all the squabs, bases and backrests of both the passenger and driver’s seat, Kath also had to sew on new pockets and seatbelt covers. The process of each seat was the same however the process of doing both needed a keen eye for detail to ensure the sleek stiff leather fitted perfectly along with the switches and airbags.

During the renovation of the driver’s seat, Kath amended the exposed metal bar on the bolster base and repaired the holes in the foam bolster.