MGB Roadster 1964. This car has been upgraded and it looks and drives superbly.
- It has been professionally fitted with a five speed type 9 gearbox, upgraded shock absorbers, new interior, Mota Lita wooden steering wheel, alternator, coil, distributor and a new battery.
- It drives absolutely faultlessly, in fact I am yet to drive an MGB that drives as well as this does.
- Superb soft-top.
- Fully functional dials.
- Great oil pressure.
- Underneath the car has been under-sealed and is in excellent condition.
- Chrome wire wheels.
The “Bad”: (we prepare concours cars so we are very critical but…)
- The body is generally good with great paint but it does have small areas of unbroken paint corrosion.
- This is all on the outside. The engine bay and boot area are lovely.
- I personally think this could easily be a £15k + car with a respray, two new re-chromed or replacement bumpers, two new back lights, chrome air scuttle.
The “Not so good”:
- It has had a stereo fitted and the head unit is good. The speakers however are not to ‘my’ taste. They are very big. There are too many and they stick out the door cards in a hideous way. That is just my opinion, the previous owner installed them and was happy with them. So everybody is different.
- Two new door cards are cheap to rectify.
- Front and rear valances look a but cruddy. Again cheap to rectify.
Because this was a part exchange and our current workload is so manic, we have decided to sell this lovely car as is and cheap enough for the new owner to sort all of the above if they want to.
We estimate that a £3,000 spend and you will definitely have that £15,000+ car.
This car is perfectly presentable as is and can really be enjoyed.
This is a 1964 car, chrome bumper and is a proper car.
She also comes with her original gearbox and all the original parts that have been modified.
We also have an original hardtop that can be purchased at extra cost. It needs a repaint but again is very serviceable.
Click here to join us as we take you on a tour of the vehicle.