12 noon to 6pm.
The Tropicalia Samba dancers and drummers are booked and the hilarious and flexible, Abigail Collins, returns to perform in character as Garden Veranda (her very own take on Carmen Miranda).
Join in the festivities and follow the colourful procession, which leaves the Market Place at 12noon, and leads the crowds to the Recreation grounds. Come along and…
- View the Rare Breeds Motor Show display, the Hilly Ridge Alpacas and Samba workshops
- Enjoy land zorbing, archery, bungee trampolining, bumper cars/boats and an inflatable assault course
- Visit the Children’s activities tent for clown magic, balloon twisting, face painting, and arts and crafts
- Peruse the numerous craft and charity stalls and taste the sumptuous food and beverage offerings
- Or simply sit back and enjoy the various acts and displays in around the main arena and performance tent
Admission to the Carnival grounds is £5 per adult, 15’s and under gain free admission. Entrance programmes will be sold in advance at Number Ten Wine Bar and Kitchen, The Cock Horse, Lavenham Butchers, Sparling and Faiers Bakery and The Lavenham British Legion. They will also be available at the gates on the day.
Additional parking fields will be available at Rectory Meadow (opposite the Church), the common (where Water Street joins the Brent Eleigh Road) and the meadow on Frogs Hall Road. A free bus service will be provided from these car parks to transport you to the Recreation Grounds.