Exciting news received from Barons Auctioneers on Monday 16th January 2017
“As we embark on a busy sale calendar for 2017, we are introducing a new face onto the podium, with the appointment of auctioneer Duncan Brown. Duncan has nearly 20 years experience with some of the UK’s biggest independent automotive auction houses, and has owned classic cars since his teens.
Commenting on his new role, Duncan said: “My passion for classic cars grew from a young age. My father collected and restored cars ranging from MG TCs and Triumph Roadsters to Mini Mokes and various wartime Jeeps. Ever since I restored my own first car, an original VW Beetle bought for £200, I’ve been a lifelong VW enthusiast and currently own an original 1983 Mk1 Golf GTi plus a 1959 Splitscreen Kombi that I’m in the process of restoring. I love to get my hands dirty in the garage working on cars nearly as much as I do selling them on the rostrum. It gives me great pleasure to join the team at such an established auction house as Barons, and I can’t wait for the first auction of 2017, on February 28th at Sandown Park.”
Barons’ Auction Manager Tim Gascoigne added: “We’re really pleased that Duncan is joining the Barons team for 2017. He’s energetic, enthusiastic, and personable on and off the rostrum, so we know he’ll be a great asset to us as we continue to grow our business.”
ENTRIES OPEN FOR CLASSIC WINTER WARMER
Entries are invited for our Classic Winter Warmer sale on February 28th. Visit www.barons-auctions.com to view the latest entries or to consign a car to the sale.
2017 sale calendar:
- 28 February 2017 Classic Winter Warmer, Sandown Park
- 22 April 2017 Spring Classic, Sandown Park
- 13 June 2017 British Heritage, Classic and Sports Cars, Sandown Park
- 18 July 2017 Barons’ Connoisseurs Classic Car Collection, Sandown Park
- 16 September 2017 Jaguar Heritage, Classic and Sports Cars, Kempton Park
- 28 October 2017 Classic, Collectors and Sports Cars, Sandown Park
- 12 December 2017 Annual Christmas Classic, Sandown Park”